Marketing & Admin Assistant
Hours: 10-20 hrs/month
Start Date: July 25 - August 1
Pay: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: No longer accepting applications.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic marketing assistant to help support the launch of Oren's first book, Say What You Mean: A Mindful Approach to Nonviolent Communication, and to help foster online and in-person community in support of Oren’s work and teaching in general. This person is ideally familiar with Oren’s work, a meditator, and a student of Mindful Communication or Nonviolent Communication.
This is a remote position with flexible hours. You will be working closely with Oren and will have the opportunity (if interested) to connect about your meditation practice outside of formal work hours. There is a potential opportunity for continued work as an assistant beyond the book campaign. To apply, review the below qualifications and job duties and complete the form below. We are accepting applications until position is filled.
- Build, manage and foster Oren’s online communities through regular posting, and monitoring and analysis of his social media channels
- Creating visually attractive, innovative memes based on Oren’s teaching for posting on social media (using an app such as Word Swag or Mematic)
- Support coordinating and organizing logistics for in-person and online speaking events, including outreach and correspondence with media and event staff
- Execution of marketing outreach plans; regular check-ins with Oren & marketing manager
- Ongoing maintenance of SquareSpace website (includes updating event listings)
- Basic email list data entry
- Booking travel arrangements
- General administrative support on an as-needed basis
Requested Experience / Qualifications:
- Regular Buddhist meditation practice
- Genuine desire to support Oren’s teaching
- Familiarity with Nonviolent Communication or Oren’s teaching
- Tech savvy
- Ease with social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Consistent and regular availability online
- Self-directed and reliable
- Ability to see what needs to be done and take the initiative
- Warm hearted, organized, and detail oriented
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Highly competent communicator